Good morning, my lovelies!
The season is starting to get to that tipping point of permanently crisp air, rainy days, and bare trees and I’m starting to get excited for all that the holiday season is going to involve this year. I’m also highly excited about next week. In case you missed it in my recent posts, I’m going to Europe for the first time in my life!
Yes, so I’m looking forward to it lot but there is still a lot of planning I have to do and things I want to get done before so making time to enjoy something filling and delicious is a priority to keep me going. These crepes are so fast and easy, and following the current trend you may have noticed recently I’ve made them with some protein powder to make them more filling and balanced. I love having them for breakfast, brunch, or even dessert sometimes. The toppings you can add are pretty much endless and they make a beautiful presentation if you’re making them to share.
Aside from my obsession with berries, which I feel so grateful to live in a place and age where we can buy them year round, I love my greek yogurt. Legit guys, I eat it everyday unless something really strange happens. Yeah, my day is not complete without berries and yogurt in one form or another (usually just basic though, I’m a purist).
Anyway though, I used yogurt inside these crepes but whipped cream is another way to dress them up. Surprisingly I managed to hold back from dousing these particular crepes in some kind of nut butter but that’s always a good idea too. They did get a sprinkling of granola because the added crunch is so good! I’d love to know what you like on your crepes. Feel free to let me know in the comments if you try these!
I’ll be sharing some more details about my travel plans this weekend but until then I hope you guys are having an awesome week so far!
A totally non-boring way to kick-start your morning on a busy day or enjoy breakfast in bed on a lazy weekend!
- 15g oat flour (about 3 tbsp)
- 3 tablespoons (46g) egg whites
- 2/3 cup milk (I use almond)
- 1/2 scoop (20g) vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 tablespoon sweetener (honey, agave, stevia....)
- Whisk the egg whites, salt, stevia, vanilla, and almond milk in a small bowl. Add the oat flour and protein powder and mix until well combined.
- Allow the batter to sit and thicken for at least 10 minutes for best results. Once it's had a few minutes to rest, heat a non-stick cooking pan over medium high heat and pour about 1/4 of the crepe batter onto the pan. Allow it to cook for about a minute until the to starts to look dry (don't be impatient or you'll tear the crepes), then gently use a large, flat spatula to flip it and finish on the other side for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat until all the batter is cooked (you should get about 4 crepes). Serve with whatever topping you'd like and enjoy!