Good morning my lovlies! Pancakes anyone?
So, life lately……….. Well, it’s been quite a whirlwind for me. Truthfully I don’t know how to put it into words just yet but I have plans to get my shiz together. I’ll be sharing a recap post of the summer on Friday.
For today let’s just have some pancakes, what do you say?
I’ve been trying so many new things recently and trying to re-acclimate to being in the States. It’s been months but it’s still very strange for me. One of the strangest parts has been the getting used to having so much convenience when it comes to food.
Because of all the convenience being kind of new to us again, there has been a lot of eating out. My family really loves eating home-cooked meals, don’t get me wrong, but we’ve all missed having the availability of restaurants and, yes, even fast foods and packaged products. While I’ve definitely still been in the kitchen, it’s been pretty minimal.
There simply hasn’t been a need most days and with us being in the middle of travels, moving, and all sorts of Summer activities there also hasn’t been much time. On the other hand, I am not a huge fan of eating out or fast food. I much prefer to eat at home and create something new so I’ve been learning some new approaches to cooking. I’ve never really cooked for only one or two so it’s actually a challenge since I’m so used to making large family dinners. Haha, at first I was really struggling and more than once I’ve made WAY too much food at once.
That being said, today I’m trying something that I’ve rarely done in the past and sharing a single-serve recipe. Even this recipe, though, has some amount of short-cuts because I used Kodiak Cakes protein pancake mix. I got both from Costco (Oh how I missed that place!), but they’re both available online here and here. Of course it’s very simple to double, triple, or quadruple it for those who are feeding a group, but otherwise this is just the right amount of pancakes to start off a perfect morning. I topped mine with a sauce I made with this chocolate pbfit (hehe, also from Costco), and of course berries because that’s my addiction!
- 1/4 (27g) cup Kodiak cakes Protein waffle mix (you can buy
- 1/2 scoop (about 19g) chocolate protein powder (I used this one here)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 - 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice (I used stevia)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or preferred milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together the egg whites, almond milk, and vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients, salt, baking powder, sweetener, cocoa, pancake mix, and protein powder.
- Combine the wet with the dry and whisk until you have a nicely thick pancake batter. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat and grease with oil if desired.
- Pour the batter into desired size pancakes and cook for about 1 minute per side. Remove and top with any desired toppings.