Oh, sweet Sunday, thank you for being here again. Time for some planning and resetting for the new week and just chilling.
I hope you’re off to a pleasant day and getting caught up as well. This past weekend was fairly busy for me because we did some entertaining for me which go me in the kitchen more than what’s been usual recently. Lots and lots of cooking (and dishes) but I must say I enjoyed it all because it’s been a while since I’ve cooked for so many and it used to be a normal part of my week.
Here’s some of the miscellaneous things I’ve found and loved this week and the recipe for this really easy pb banana oatmeal.
- This paleo quick bread with almonds, lemon, and blueberries from Fit Mitten Kitchen is definitely something I’m trying soon.
- This cinnabun apple cheesecake with salted date caramel from Addicted to Dates is actually healthy. It’s raw, vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free and doesn’t require any baking. Can you spell YES????
- If you’re anything like me you’ve often been curious just how good or bad for you artificial sweeteners are, and if so you might find this video by Stephanie Buttermore about them as interesting as I did. Her channel is awesome anyway, but I love her researched breakdown to layman’s terms in this one.
- Needing some fresh salad inspo? I think this Vibrant Orange & Arugula Salad that Kate from Cookie and Kate shared is just downright perfection.
- When you can’t decide between enchiladas or soup, have them both! This Enchilada Chicken Tortilla Soup from A Cozy Kitchen is something that would fit great on this weeks menu.
- I always love posts/articles like this about life tips. This list 10 Things I Wish I Knew in My 20’s is full of great tips to live by. I found it on The Everygirl.
- This Orange Poppy Seed Baked Oatmeal from The Faux Martha would make breakfast super simple for any day this week!
- Also, have you guys caught onto the trend for “snack cakes”. I have to admit I’ve been on the fence about how I feel about them for a while but this Raspberry Lemon Poppy Seed one from a Candid Appetite, I think, has me sold. I guess I’m all about the poppy seeds this week.
- I just love this idea for specific color-themed breakfasts from What Should I Eat For Breakfast. This Orange Breakfast post though, wow. amazing photography.
- Lastly, these Cajun Fish Tacos with Blood Orange Slaw from How Sweet It Is are inspiring me to do Cajun food all week.
Breakfast is so quick and easy with this nourishing bowl of cozy peanut butter banana oats!
- 1 cup water
- 40g (1/2 cup) old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 medium banana, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter (or regular if preferred)
- 1 -2 tablespoons sweetener of choice, or to taste (honey, maple, agave, or stevia)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional toppings:
- peanut butter
- chopped pecans (or any nuts)
- Mash half of the banana in a small saucepan. Add the salt and water and place over medium high heat on stovetop. Bring to a gentle boil and add in the oats, chia seeds, and milk then reduce heat to low and and cover for about 8 - 10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the powdered peanut butter (or regular pb), cinnamon, and sweetener and stir until mixed. Scrape into a bowl for serving and top with the other half of the banana, sliced, a spoonful of peanut butter, and any other desired toppings.