I’ve been having a major mango moment. Did I already mention that?
I think I’m sort of making up for the fact that I never ate them growing up. I’ve also been really craving the fruit recently now that it’s gotten to those really hot days of Summer. Of course, there always have to be berries too. I literally never go a day without berries if I can help it. They’re my favorite.
Another thing the heat seems to do to me is make me feel like eating super simple combinations so that’s what’s going on here. I just wanted to make something ultra fresh and ultra fruity so I grabbed a bag of frozen tropical fruit and went from there. The granola was a little bit of homemade stuff that I had on hand but you can add whatever you like.
Okay, but before I talk more about this smoothie bowl I just have to tell you about this weekend. My little sister and I are going on a little roadtrip to Glaciar National Park over in Montana and I’m so psyched! We’re staying at a campground in a cabin that is basically going to be a glorified tent. I have to be honest though, I’m a tad nervous about the drive only because I’m still a fairly new to highway driving and it makes me uneasy.
I’m glad it’s a pretty straight shot though and shouldn’t be difficult at all. So yeah, I’ll be doing some posts and hopefully video. My video skills are still very much under development but I figure you have to learn somehow, right?
Anyway, I can’t wait to share it and I also can’t wait to hear what you think of this recipe if you decide to try it! Let me know what you think.
All you need is 5 minutes and you can make this bright and fresh smoothie bowl.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, plus additional for topping
- 1 cup frozen tropical fruits (i.e. papaya, pineapple, mango)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4-1/3 cup plant-based milk (i.e. almond)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon hemp hearts (optional)
- 1/4 cup granola (optional)
- Combine the frozen fruit and milk in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and thick. Add more milk if needed and continue blending until smooth. Top it with sliced mango (you can make it into a pretty flower if you want) strawberries and hemp hearts.